Driving lesson 10

Today marked 10 hours of driving lessons, and while it is not a milestone by any means, having read my blog, I don't think I'm doing too bad with learning to drive a car here in the UK, and if all goes well, I should be taking my driving test pretty soon hopefully.

Today my driving instructor just made me practice what we've been learning so far, so a lot of moving off and stopping, with particular attention taken to make sure I was using POM properly.
I also dealt with all sorts of junctions, turning left and right, emerged at T-Junctions and had to work hard on LADA, as it is not easy following the rules when other cars behind you want to get past you. I don't like having to deal with traffic, as it seems most of London's drivers are always in a hurry, never patient with Learner drivers' and having 'L' plates displayed seems to have the wrong effect as they try to squeeze through the narrow NW2 streets in Cricklewood even though I have the right of way, and they should be yeilding!



I also had more practising of my 3 point turn manouver, this time on more narrow and sometimes busy roads, learning what to do when cars turn up during the exercise, the importance of using the handbrake (parking brake to the Americans), and looking out for pedestrians.
I sometimes forget to look behind me when reversing instead using the interior mirror when my driving instructor says is wrong and will be marked down on during the test by the DSA examiner. I don't know where I got that bad driving habit from, but my ADI seems to be on top of it, so I won't be getting away with it. Roll on the next driving lesson, and you'll be the first to read of my adventures in this blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment