Crash course driving lessons

In my last driving lessons blog post, I mentioned the fact that my learning process is being put on hold due to late hours at work during the 5 day week, and the need for me to use the weekend to rest and recover in order to have some semblance of a life. I still need to get my full UK licence, and have been considering taking crash course driving lessons as an alternative to my weekly sessions with my instructor which I haven't had now for almost 2 months.

I have been doing some research, looking at various organisations that offer intensive lessons to pass the practical car test in a week or 2 weeks including my NW London driving instructor, and the cost and options vary a lot, ranging from £800 to £2500 for the ones that offer guaranteed test pass options and are residential in nature.
One thing that is definately evident, is that it is a lot of hard work, you have one chance of passing (though odds are highly in your favour), it is not a 100% guarantee in which case you have to wait 10 days even if you get a free re-test and no charge on the extra tuition.

While I quite like the idea of a crash course of 30 driving lessons to pass the driving test in a week, I don't want to waste almost 14 days of my holidays on learning to drive, and the cost also means that I won't be able to take a proper holiday until next year, so at the moment I'm really undecided on what to do.
What I would really love is was for work to ease of, so I can return to my regular 2hr driving lessons, but due to the current economic climate, there is a freeze on taking in additional temps at my workplace, so it is probably going to be late autumn before things start to cool down.

I will still keep my options open, as I'm determined to get my licence this year, so there is still a good chance that I might bite the bullet, take the intensive driving crash course (if only life was predictable and I was sure to pass), forego the luxury holiday in the sun this year and get on with the rest of my life. I will update my driving blog as soon as I've made a decision.

0 comments:

Post a Comment