Driving Lesson 4 Traffic lights

Dealing with Traffic!


Today's driving lesson which was my 4th, was mainly practising what we did last week, approaching junctions turning left and right, moving off and stopping and a bit of straight reversing. I was now getting up to 3rd gear, and making good progress when my driving instructor sprung a surprise on me!

I was concentrating on doing the best with my driving skills, and was following my ADI's instructions, so when he said 'at the give way we are going to turn left, I'll talk you through it', I didn't think much of it until I got to the end of the road and noticed it was a little busier than the roads we had been dealing with. Traffic I thought, Oh no!

I stopped in 2nd gear, put my handbrake on, selected first gear as my instructor talked me through checking the traffic to the right, left, then right again. When it was safe, he asked to go, and I turned left into the busier willesden lane in NW London, for the first time I had faster traffic coming towards me, and checking the rear view mirror also revealed cars were approaching from behind me. 'Take the next road on the left' I heard my driving instructor say, I breathed a sigh of relief as I used MSPSL to deal with the junction, as the traffic wizzed past me on the main road.

My instructor stopped me on the left, asked how I was doing, said okay and we continued with the driving lesson by doing some more practising on the junctions, more traffic and even got to deal with one road that had traffic lights on it. Before I knew it, the driving lesson was over and it was time to go home. Hopefully very soon I'll be able to drive through the NW2 and NW6 traffic to get home from a lesson.

2 comments:

Aaron Basedow said...

Good experience you have shared. I am planning to learn car driving and your post will be very useful to me to gain confidence.

Unknown said...

Learning driving can be very interesting an easy if a good instuctor is there to guide the person who is new to the world of driving. The Intensive Driving courses can be of a great help to those who wish to learn the art of driving in a very less time.

Post a Comment